1. Trautner BW, Greene MT, Krein SL, Wald HL, Saint S, Rolle AJ, McNamara S, Edson BS, Mody L. Infection Prevention and Antimicrobial Stewardship Knowledge for Selected Infections Among Nursing Home Personnel. Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 2016; 1-6.
2. Armbruster C, Prenovost K, Mobley H, Mody L. How Often Do Clinically Diagnosed Catheter-Associated Urinary Tract Infections in Nursing Homes Meet Standardized Criteria? J Am Geriatric Soc 2016
3. Eke-Usim AC, Rogers MA, Gibson KE, Crnich C, Mody L. Constitutional symptoms trigger diagnostic testing before antibiotic prescribing in high-risk nursing home residents. J Am Geriatr Soc 2016 (In Press)
4. Koo E, McNamara S, Lansing B, Olmsted R, Rye RA, Fitzgerald T, Mody L. Making infection prevention education interactive can enhance knowledge and improve outcomes: Results from the Targeted Infection Prevention (TIP) Study. Am J Infect Control 2016 (In Press)
5. Montoya A, Cassone M, Mody L. Infections in Nursing Homes: Epidemiology and Prevention Programs. Clin Geriatr Med. 2016 Aug;32(3):585-607.
6. Roghmann MC, Lydecker A, Mody L, Mullins CD, Onukwugha E. Strategies to prevent MRSA transmission in community-based nursing homes: a cost analysis. Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2016;37(8):962-6.
7. Cao J, Min L, Lansing B, Foxman B, Mody L. Multidrug-Resistant Organisms on Patients’ Hands: A Missed Opportunity. JAMA Intern Med. 2016 May 1;176(5):705-6.
8. Ismail MD, Luo T, McNamara S, Lansing B, Koo E, Mody L, Foxman B. Long-term carriage of ciprofloxacin-resistant Escherichia coli isolates in high-risk nursing home residents. Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 2016 Apr;37(4):440-7.
9. Cassone M, McNamara SE, Perri MB, Zervos M, Mody L. Impact of Intervention Measures on MRSA Clonal Type and Carriage Site Prevalence. MBio. 2016 Mar 8;7(2):e00218.
10. Min L, Galecki A, Mody L. Functional disability and nursing resource use are predictive of antimicrobial resistance in nursing homes. J Am Geriatr Soc 2015;63(4)659-66.
11. Mody L. Preventing aspiration pneumonia in high-risk NH residents: Role of chlorhexidine-based oral care questioned again. Clin Infect Dis, Mar 2015; 60:858-59.
12. Mody L, Krein S, Saint S et al. A Targeted Infection Prevention (TIP) Intervention in nursing home residents with indwelling devices: a randomized clinical trial. JAMA Intern Med 2015; 175(5):714-23.
13. Mody L, Meddings J, Krein S et al. Enhancing resident safety by preventing healthcare-associated infection: A national initiative to reduce catheter-associated urinary tract infections in Nursing Homes. Clin Infect Dis 2015;61(1):86-94.
14. Chopra V, Montoya A, Joshi D, Becker C, Brant A, McGuirk H, Clark J, Harrod M, Kuhn L, Mody L. Peripherally inserted central catheter use in skilled nursing facilities: A pilot study. J Am Geriatr Soc 2015;63(9):1894-99.
15. Roghmann MC, Johnson JK, Sorkin JD, Langenberg P, Lydecker A, Sorace B, Levy L, Mody L. Transmission of Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) to healthcare worker gowns and gloves during care of nursing home residents. Infect Control Hosp Epid 2015; 36(9):1050-57.
16. Mody L, Gibson K, Horcher A, Prenovost K, McNamara SE, Foxman B, Kaye KS, Bradley S. Prevalence of and risk factors for multidrug-resistant Acinetobacter baumannii colonization among high-risk nursing home residents. Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 2015; 36(10):1155-62.
17. Mody L, Crnich C. Effects of excessive antibiotic use in nursing homes. JAMA Intern Med 2015; 175(8):1339-41.
18. Crnich C, Jump R, Trautner B, Sloane PD, Mody L. Optimizing antibiotic stewardship in nursing homes: A narrative review and recommendations for improvement. Drugs and Aging 2015; 32(9):699-716.
19. Manu E, Mody L, McNamara S, Vitale C. Advance directives and care received by older nursing home residents. Am J Hosp Palliat Care 2015; epub Oct 2015.
20. Gibson KE, McNamara SE, Cassone M, Perri MB, Zervos M, Mody L. Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus: site of acquisition and strain variation in high-risk nursing home residents with indwelling devices. Infect Control Host Epidemiol 2014;35(12)1458-65.
21. Fisch J, McNamara SE, Lansing BJ, Mody L. The 24-hour report as an effective monitoring and communication tool in infection prevention and control in nursing homes. Am J Infect Control 2014;42(10):1112-4.
22. Lum H, Mody L, Levi CR, Ginde AA. Pandemic influenza plans in residential care facilities. J Am Geriatr Soc 2014;62(7):1310-6. (IF: 3.98)
23. Marchaim D, …, Mody L (20/21), and Kaye K. Major variation in Minimal Inhibitory Concentrations (MICs) of tigecycline in Gram-negative bacilli as a function of testing method. J Clin Micro 2013;52(5):1617-21.
24. Mody L, Juthani-Mehta M.Urinary tract infections in older women: a clinical review. JAMA 2014;311(8):844-854. (IF:30)
25. Mody L, Bradley SF, Huang S. The ‘Home’ in Nursing Home: Implications for Infection Prevention. JAMA Internal Med 2013;173(10):853-854. (IF: 11.4)
26. Min L, Burruss S, Morley E, Mody L, Hiatt J, Cryer H, Ha J, Tillou A. A simple clinical risk nomogram to predict mortality-associated geriatric complications in severely injured geriatric patients. J Trauma Acute Care Surg 2013;74(4):1125-32
27. Wharton T, Nnodim J, Hogikyan R, Mody L, James ML, Montagnini M, Fries B. Assessing health status differences between VA Home-based Primary Care and State Medicaid Waiver Program Clients. J. Am Med Dir Assoc 2013;14(4):260-264. (IF: 3.9)
28. Montoya A, Chen S, Galecki A, McNamara S, Lansing B, Mody L. Does policy awareness influence knowledge about hand hygiene and urinary catheter care in nursing homes? Am J Infect Control 2013;41(6):e55-57
29. Stone N et al for the Society of Healthcare Epidemiology of America Long-term care Special Interest Group. Surveillance definitions of infections in long-term care facilities: Revisiting McGeer’s criteria. Mody, L: Co-author and co-group leader for Respiratory Tract Infections writing group, Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 2012;33:965-77. (IF: 3.7)
30. Fisch J, Lansing B, Wang L, Symons K, Cherian K, McNamara S, Mody L. New acquisition of antibiotic resistant organisms in nursing homes. J Clin Microbiol 2012;50:1698-703. (IF: 5.1)
31. Wang L, Lansing B, Symons K, Flannery E, McNamara S, Mody L. Attributable risk of infections in long-term care facilities: role of indwelling devices, Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 2012;31:1797-804.
32. Furono JJ, Krein S, Mody L. Healthcare workers opinion on isolation practices in nursing homes residents. Am J Infect Control 2012;40:263-6.
33. Montoya A, Mody L. Common infections in Nursing Home: A review of current issues and challenges. Aging Health 2011;6:889-89.
34. Mody L, Bradley SF. Infection Prevention Research in Nursing Homes. Fed Pract 2012;29:37-40.
35. Flannery E, Wang L, Zoellner S, Foxman B, Mobley H, Mody L. Wounds, functional disability, and indwelling devices are associated with cocolonization by methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus and vancomycin-resistant enterococci in southeast Michigan. Clin Infect Dis 2011,53:1215-22. (IF: 9.1)
36. Flanagan E, Chopra T, Mody L. Infection control in alternative healthcare settings. Infect Dis Clin North Am 2011;25:271-83.
37. Mody L, Bradley SF, Galecki A, Olmstead R, Fitzgerald J, Kauffman CA, Saint S, Krein S. Conceptual model for reducing infections and antimicrobial resistance in skilled nursing facilities: focusing on residents with indwelling devices. Clin Infect Dis 2011;52:654-61. (IF: 9.1)
38. Dommeti P, Wang L, Flannery E, Mody L. Patterns of ceftazidime and ciprofloxacin-resistant Gram negative bacteria colonization in nursing home residents. Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 2011;32:177-80. (IF: 3.7)
39. Gau J, Acharya U, Khan S, Heh V, Mody L, Kao T. Pharmacotherapy and the risk for community-acquired pneumonia. BMC Geriatrics 2010;10:45.
40. Mody L, Saint S, Galecki A, Chen S, Krein S. Knowledge of evidence-based urinary catheter care practice recommendations among healthcare workers in nursing homes.. J Am Geriatric Soc 2010;58(8):1532-7. (IF: 3.7)
41. Furono JP, Kaye KS, Malani PN, Mody L. Implementing Long-Term Care Infection Control Guidelines Into Practice: A Case-Based Approach, Ann of Long-Term Care: Clinical Care and Aging 2010;18:28-33.
42. Flannery EL, Mody L, Mobley H. Identification of a modular pathogenicity island that is widespread among urease-producing uropathogens and shares features with a diverse group of mobile elements. Infect and Immun 2009;77:4887-94. (IF: 4.1)
43. Aiello A, Malinis M, Knapp J, Mody L. The influence of knowledge, perceptions, and beliefs, on hand hygiene practices in nursing homes. Am J Infect Control 2009;37:164-7.
44. Rogers MA, Fries B, Mody L, Kaufman S, McMahon LF, Saint S. Mobility and other predictors of hospitalization for urinary tract infection: a retrospective cohort study. BMC Geriatr 2008;8:31-5.
45. Mody L, Saint S, Kaufman S, Kowalski C, Krein S. Adoption of alcohol-based handrub by United States hospitals: a national survey. Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 2008 Dec;29:1177-1180. (IF: 3.7)
46. Mody L, Miller DK, McGloin JM, Freeman M, Marcantonio ER, Magaziner J, Studenski S. Recruitment and retention of older adults in aging research. J Am Geriatr Soc 2008 Dec;56:2340-2348. (IF: 3.7, Times cited: 38)
47. Rogers MA, Mody L, Chenoweth C, Kaufman S, Saint S. Incidence of Antibiotic-Resistant Infection in Long-Term Residents of Skilled Nursing Facilities. Am J Infect Control 2008;36:472-5.
48. Smith PW, Bennett G, Bradley SF, Drinka P, Lautenbach E, Marx J, McGeer A, Mody L, Nicolle L, Richards C, Stevenson K. Infection prevention and control in long-term care facilities. Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 2008;29:785-814. (IF: 3.7, Times cited: 108)
49. Smith PW, Shostrom V, Smith A, Kaufmann M, Mody L. Nursing home pandemic preparedness: A 2 state survey. JAMA 2008;300:392-4. (IF: 30)
50. Rogers MA, Mody L, Kaufman S, Fries B, McMahon L, Saint S. Use of urinary collection devices in skilled nursing facilities in five states. J Am Geriatr Soc 2008;56:854-61. (IF: 3.7)
51. Mody L, Kauffman CA, Donabedian S, Zervos M, Bradley SF. Epidemiology of Staphylococcus aureus colonization in nursing homes. Clin Infect Dis 2008;46:1368-73. (IF: 9.1, Times cited: 60)
52. Mody L, Maheshwari S, Galecki A, Bradley SF, Kauffman CA. Indwelling device use and antibiotic resistance in nursing homes: Identifying a high-risk group. J Am Geriatr Soc 2007;55:1921-6. (IF: 3.7, Times cited: 43)
53. Mody L, Cinti S. Pandemic preparedness in nursing homes: Are we ready? J Am Geriatr Soc 2007;55:1431-7. (IF: 3.7)
54. Mody L. Optimizing antimicrobial use in nursing homes: No longer optional. Editorial. J Am Geriatr Soc 2007;55:1301-2. (IF: 3.7)
55. Mody L, Sun R, Bradley SF. Assessment of pneumonia in older adults: effect of functional status. J Am Geriatr Soc 2006;1062-1067. (IF: 3.7, Times cited: 32)
56. Mody L, Langa K, Malani P. Impact of the 2004-05 influenza vaccine shortage on immunization practices in long-term care facilities. Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 2006; 27:383-7. (IF: 3.7)
57. Mody L, Flannery E, Bielaczyk A, Bradley SF. Molecular characterization of prolonged Staphylococcus aureus colonization in nursing homes. Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 2006; 27:212-4. (IF: 3.7)
58. Hurdle JG, O’Neill AJ, Mody L, Chopra I, Bradley SF. In vivo transfer of high-level mupirocin resistance from Staphylococcus epidermidis to methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus associated with failure of mupirocin prophylaxis. J Antimicrob Chemother 2005;56:1166-8. (IF: 5.07, Times cited: 50)
59. Mody L, Langa KM, Saint S, Bradley SF. Preventing infections in nursing homes: A survey of infection control practices in Southeast Michigan. Am J Infect Control 2005;33:489-492.
60. Mody L, Kauffman CA, McNeil SA, Galecki AT, Bradley SF. Mupirocin-based decolonization of Staphylococcus aureus carriers in residents of 2 long-term care facilities: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial. Clin Infect Dis 2003;37:1467-74. (IF: 9.1, Times cited: 110)
61. Mody L, McNeil SA, Sun R, Bradley SF, Kauffman CA. Introduction of a waterless alcohol-based hand rub in a long-term care facility. Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 2003;24:165-171. (IF: 3.7, Times cited: 66)
62. McNeil SA, Mody L, Bradley SF. Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus. Management of asymptomatic colonization and outbreaks of infection in long-term care. Geriatrics 2002;57:16-27. (Times cited: 30)
63. Mody L, Sun R, Bradley SF. Community acquired pneumonia in older veterans: Does pneumonia prognosis index help? J Am Geriatr Soc 2002;50:434-438. (IF: 3.7, Times cited: 32)
64. Mody L, Strausbaugh LJ, Muder RR, Bradley SF. Prevalence of Ceftriaxone and Ceftazidime resistant gram-negative bacteria in long-term-care facilities. Infect Control and Hosp Epidemiol 2001; 22:193-194. (IF: 3.7)
65. Mody LR, Smith SM, Dever L. Clostridium difficile-Associated Diarrhea in a VA Medical Center: Clustering of Cases, Association with Antibiotic Usage, and Impact on HIV-Infected Patients. Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 2001;22:42-45. (IF: 3.7)
1. Mody L, Riddell J, Kaye K, Chopra T.: Common infections in older adults. Current Geriatrics Diagnosis and Treatment , Landefeld, Williams, Chang (eds) McGraw-Hill Medical, in press.
2. Mody L.: Epidemiology and management of common infections in long-term care facilities. Cyberounds.com, Harry Levy and Leslie Carr Cyberounds.com, 2009.
3. Mody L.: Infection Control Issues in Older Adults. Clin Geriatr Med , David R. Thomas and Nicole M. Burkemper Eds Elsevier, 2007.
4. Mody L.: Establishing Infection Control Programs in long-term care facilities. Infection Management for Geriatrics in Long-term Care Facilities, Yoshikawa, Ouslander (eds) CRC Press, 2006.
5. Mody L.: Infection Control in Nursing Homes. Antibiotic Therapy for Geriatric Patients, Yoshikawa, Rajgopalan (eds) CRC Press, 2005.
6. Mody L.: Health Maintenance and Promotion in Older Adults. Primer on Geriatric Care: A Clinical Approach to Older Patient, Rosenblatt, Natarajan (eds) Printer’s Castle Press, 2002.
7. McNeil SA, Mody L.: Urinary Tract Infection. Encyclopedia of Aging, Ekerdt, Applebaum, Holden, Post, Rockwood, Schultz, Sprott, Uhlenberg (eds) Macmillan, 2002.
8. Mody L, McNeil SA, Bradley SF.: Vancomycin- (Glycopeptide)- Resistant Enterococci. Infection Management of Geriatrics in Long-term Facilities, Yoshikawa TT, Ouslander JG, (eds) Marcel Dekker Inc, 2002. 411-428